About our project
We've started working on UORPG.net in June 2008. At this very moment UORPG.net is open beta test and everyone is welcome to play here.
1) We're a very stable server and we listen to the ideas of our players. Most significant changes are reasoned out first and if they're considered doubtful, we just don't implement them. Planned wipes( Deleting characters and/or items) are out of bounce. Partial wipes are considered only in special cases or to normalize economy/implement a new idea. Therefore it'll be done only after it has been thought out. We don't take random people as staf. To become a staf member and have a possiblity to make changes in-game, administration of the project must have enough confidence in that person. And he/she must have some record in helping the project.
2) This is a non-profit project. Playing on this shard is for free. If you want to help us, you can make donations though.
3) Universality. We're making this project to make it interesting in all of the aspects of mmorpg. It doesn't matter what your interests are either it's pvp/pvm or rpg, you will find your place here.
1) There is no fundametal RPG plot. World where your character lives has it's own history, gods en heroes and all of them partially depend on you. When you create your character you must chose a force side, which,eventually, must be led to victory. All significat quests have an rpg plot and are linked with other as a chain.
2) The basis of the character development is a system of classes and levels. Class defines character's path in which it will be develop, level - limit of it's skills and stats, характерных для определенного класса. The class defines the orientation of the character level - the limit values and skills specific to a particular class. You can gain experience by killing another characters, which are controlled by the server scripts, crafting, completeing of quests, also you can gain some experience for harvesting resosrces.
3) Leveling your character goes pretty fast at first, but later it's getting slowed down. It's planned so that, on the one hand, it'll be attractive for a beginner, but on the other hand, to give any player the goal to which he can aspire to. In order to fully participate in PvP, you'd play on the server at least a few days or even several weeks.
4) The server uses the classic UO Renaissance client, specially adapted for the plot of the shard.
5) The world on our server is divided into two projections - peaceful one, where player can't kill each other and the battle one - the pvp projection. You can find more information about this topic at the appropriate part of the website.
6) The server uses the SphereServer 0.56b emulator.
7) You can play on UORPG.net with 18.104.22.168 Mondain's Legacy Ultima Online client.
8) Character transfer from another servers isn't allowed, we consider it unfair to our players. However we're made an environment for beginners where they can comfortably start and develop themselves.
9) You can find all the useful info about harvesting, crafting, loot, magic and combat on our website.
10) This server is made neither as a classic UO server style, neither as a standard SphereServer emulator. This server has it's own style - UORPG.net style, which you will find nowhere else.
A brief history:
13.06.2008 - decision to start the project.
31.07.2008 - launching of the forum.
01.10.2008 - launching of the website.
28.08.2009 - launching semi-open testing.
14.03.2010 - launching an open testing.
23.07.2010 - Server updated to version 0.3 Beta.
01.07.2011 - Server updated to version 0.6 Beta 2.
05/28/2016 - Server transition to the new platform UORPG II. Server emulator: UORPG Server.
By Wap, the project manager.
Copyright © by UORPG.net All Right Reserved.[ Go Back ]